After reading Ross’s ‘30 Before 30’ (check it out here) I really wanted to create a list for myself. Yesterday marked three months until my 27th birthday so I have a little over three years to get these 30 things done *gulp.*
Ever since I turned 25 and had my “quarter-life” crisis, I’ve been somewhat counting down until my 30th birthday. Scary how quick time flies! I am a fan of bucket lists and wanted to round up all the things I want to do, see and accomplish before the big 3-0!
In no particular order…
- Travel to Europe. I’m not picky as to where in Europe right now (as I’d like to see it all one day), I just want to visit their sooner rather than later.
- Move out. As great as it is living at home, I want to get out and live on my own. Probably just to an apartment for now, a house one day though!
- Move to Florida. This is something I’ve wanted to do for the past few years. I’ve vacationed there many times and love it, so I just want to try it out and see if I like it. Plus, I’ve only lived in New Jersey, so I want a change of scenery!
- Get engaged. Self-explanatory.
- Pay off my debt. I’ve managed to get myself into a lot of debt … Which is hindering me a bit from living my best life.
- Become fluent in Spanish. I think it’d be so cool to learn a second language and be fluent in it. I know the basic Spanish that they teach you in school, but I am definitely interested in learning more.
- Learn to cook. I’m not a cooking type of person – I still live at home so my mom does all the cooking. I should probably learn how to cook before #2!
- Travel to Australia/New Zealand. Both places just look absolutely amazing and are absolutely on the top of my “must-see” list.
- Find a job/career I actually enjoy. I don’t enjoy my current job, I don’t want to work at a bank anymore, but I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. I just want a job I look forward to going to in the morning.
- Visit more baseball stadiums. I don’t think I can get all 30 covered before I turn 30, but I’d love to get more done. So far I’ve been to 5 so I have a long ways to go.
- Visit more football stadiums. Same as above, but for this I’ve only been to one of 32. Or technically 1/31 (as the Giants and Jets play in the same place and that’s the one stadium I’ve been to).
- Cross more states off my list. Currently sitting at 10 including NJ. I know, I need to get it together.
- Take my parents on vacation. I’m fortunate to have parents that always took me and my sister on vacation. I’d like to repay them for all they’ve done by taking them on a vacation that they don’t need to pay for at all.
- Figure out how to be a carry-on packer. I did it one time going to New Orleans. I can save so much money if I can just figure out how to fit everything in a carry-on/not pack so much!
- Buy my own car. The car I have is one my parents bought me. There’s nothing wrong with it, but I want to be able to purchase one for myself.
- Try skiing or snowboarding. Only thing I’ve done is snow tubing, but I’ve always wanted to give skiing and/or snowboarding a shot.
- Become a better photographer. I’m not looking to be professional or anything, but to get better angles/clearer images.
- Visit more Caribbean islands. I love vacationing to the Caribbean and just want to see all the beauty of the all islands.
- Try solo traveling. Even if it’s just for a short trip, this is something I’ve wanted to try for a while.
- Go skydiving. As scared as I know I’ll be when I get up to the top, it’s just something I’m dying to do.
- Get in shape. I’ve let myself go a little bit over the last few years (doesn’t help that my metabolism is slowing down plus my love of pizza and beer). I just want to tone myself a bit.
- Read more. I read a decent amount as it is (mostly on my 1 ½ hour commute to and from work) but I want to read a bit more.
- Get a Corgi. I have wanted a Corgi for the LONGEST time. They’re so cute and I just need one in my life! I’ve already decided his name will be Nugget.
- Try scrapbooking. I think this would be a fun hobby, plus I’d be able to look back on it and smile 🙂
- Go on an Alaskan cruise. I’m not really a cold-weather person, but I’ve heard cruises over there are breathtaking,
- Pay it forward. In any way possible. Whether it’s paying for the food of the person behind me, donate money or something bigger.
- Unplug for a week. I’m always on my phone. Or my iPad. Or my laptop. Or all three at the same time. Sometimes it’s just necessary to unplug, unwind and relax.
- Find a physical activity that I really enjoy. Yoga, centergy, running – something that I’ll enjoy and do more often.
- Take more weekend trips. I love little, short trips and going on a weekend saves me from having to use up my vacation days!
- Big vacation for my 30th. Not sure where but this will be the last thing on this list!
And there we have it, 30 things to do before my 30th birthday. Looking back, there’s a lot of travel on this list so I guess I better get started! Stay tuned and see what I can get done in the next few years!
became 27th this year so reading blog posts about things to do before thirty. your post is amazing. I wrote the list already but not the post (#currentlyworkingonit) and we have few things in common :).
Thank you! Looking forward to reading yours! 😋
Enjoyed reading this post! Love the concept and will be working on creating my list! 30 is just around the corner for me (next year to be precise) and want to accomplish my list to the fullest! Snowboarding and scrapbooking is something I want to try and do as well. Thank you for sharing!
Sandy | BeautyBlissandChaos
Thank you! Let me know when you post your list – I’d love to read it!
This is great! I just turned 27 and am realizing I’d better get started on my list. 🙂 I too would love to become fluent in Spanish!
Thank you! We both have some time left .. Good luck!
What a great list!
Thank you ☺️
I love this idea although mine would have to be a 40 before 40 lol
Thank you! Do one, I’d love to read it 🙂
This is such a great list and I hope you achieve them before you turn 30! Definitely with you on traveling to Europe – I’d love to see it someday. Hopefully before I’m 30 too!
☼ cabin twenty-four
Thank you! Fingers crossed I can do it as well – hoping you get to travel to Europe as well!
This is a great list! I was inspired by several of your items; I’d love to visit and keep track of baseball stadiums, as well as travel to Europe! I hope you’re able to find a career that you really truly like and are passionate about, and hopefully other big changes will follow as well! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much for your kind words ☺️ I hope you’re able to achieve those goals as well!
Amazing list! Some real good experiences in there too! I had my quarter-life crisis a little late at 28 but now I’m almost thirty I’m feeling a lot better!
Haha thank you! 😌
Enjoyed reading your list. I’m 44 right now and have done a few of the things on your list. I want to visit the Caribbean islands too. My husband doesn’t want to go unfortunately. But I will make him take me someday 😀Love Raheela
Tell him it’s so worth it! I’ve been to a couple and love vacationing there😊
Solid list! We share some same goals like Becoming fluent in Spanish, Become a better photographer only problem I will be 30 in few months so not a lot of time left lol
Haha you still have some time, just gotta do it quicker than me 😝
Alaska isn’t cold in the summer:)
Well then I’ll have to make my way there during the summer months 🙂
Such an interesting thing to do! I’m about to turn 25 in three days so I can write my own to do list till the 30! I’ll do, thanks for the inspo!
Let me know if you wrote one, I’ll definitely be interested in reading it!
I loved this list! There are so many things I can relate with. I’d love to travel Europe, live in Florida, try solo traveling (even tho I’m scared to), and try scrapbooking. Btw if you ever need help with Spanish, I’m here for you girl! Great post! xo
GABBY | http://www.gabbyabigaill.com
Thank you! I hope you get to do all these things also 🤞🏼 And I’ll definitely keep that in mind when I start practicing my Spanish!
I loved reading your list! Those are great goals and I hope you’ll accomplished all of them by the time you’re 30!
Solo travelling isnt for everyone but I highly recommend it, you can choose to whatever you want to without any complaints from others etc and it’s also peaceful to be by yourself x
Good luck with that list xxx
Thank you! I never really thought about solo travel in the past but once I started blogging and saw how many people do it and enjoy it, I wanted to try it out! xx
I, too, hope I can become fluent in Spanish! I also want to travel more but don’t have too much specifics planned out… I hope I can get to 30 (total) countries before 30, I’m at 19 with 6 years left!
Rachel || http://anotherstationanothermile.com
I feel like being fluent in Spanish would be so helpful these days! I wish I could get 30 countries before 30, but I’ll take what I can get in the next 3 years!