Back in July 2018, I was fortunate enough to go to Cabo with my parents, sister and three other families (13 people in total). We all traveled to Las Vegas together two years prior and had a lot of fun, so we were interested in going on a trip again. Below you will see some of my recommendations of what to do if you’re in Cabo.
We stayed at the Hotel Riu Palace, which I would give five stars. Everything there was perfect: from the food, to the views, to the bars and entertainment team. There are Riu Hotels all over the world, and this was the first one I had been to, but I would definitely look at staying at a Riu elsewhere. There were only two pools at the resort, but they were big enough that you were never on top of anyone else. There were also a few smaller “pools” that had the swim-up bars. I would not really recommend spending too much time in these as people were constantly spilling their drinks in the water.
I believe there were six restaurants on the resort and all the ones we ate at were delicious. It’s always a little difficult to get 13 people into a restaurant with no problem, but they always accommodated us perfectly.
Off the Resort
Just want to start this out with be very careful if you’re leaving the resort. I’m sure many have heard, but there have been a lot of problems in Mexico lately. We made sure we were always in a group, no one ever left alone, and there was always a few people together.
- Mi Casa
- Authentic Mexican Cuisine. This was a place that my father had been to on a previous trip he and my mother had taken to Cabo. We all went out there one night and everything was just mouthwatering. I had La Carne Asada a la Tampiquena (steak, chicken enchilada, rice and beans). Just typing that up makes me hungry! They also had delicious margaritas, a mariachi band and a guy walking around making balloon hats!
- Los Tres Gallos
- This was a place I found online (thanks Google!) that we went to on our last night. Totally worth it. We got to eat in the hacienda-style courtyard shaded by tangerine and mango trees. Here I had Enchiladas Verde (chicken enchiladas in green salsa with rice and beans). This picture is making me with I was back there having an authentic enchilada. Yum!
- Cabo Wabo
- This is a given of places you have to go to while in Cabo, I mean just look at the name! While the music was more of what my parents listened to, we still had a blast. We found ourselves here on two nights, both nights the place wasn’t packed, but we still turned up in there! We even had my mom dancing on a bar! (I’d post the video but she’d kill me if she saw it).
- El Squid Roe
- We were told about this place by a friend who had been there on a prior trip. This place was SO much fun. I would say it’s more geared toward the younger generation, but you know my parents were in there jammin’ out! There was no sitting down here – people were standing on the bar and on tables and chairs and just living their best life. We also went here two nights: on a weeknight and on a weekend day. We honestly had more fun on the weekday; it wasn’t as packed as on the weekend so we were able to move around a little bit and we didn’t have to pay for a bottle to get a table. No matter your age, definitely check out Squid Roe if you’re in Cabo, you won’t regret it.
- I love jet-skiing. Anytime I’m on a vacation that is near the water, I want to jet-ski. This was fun because all 13 of us were together (not everyone jet-skied though) having a good time. We just walked down the beach until we found a place with jet skis.
- Cabo ATV Tour Off-Road Adventure
- This was an amazing time for all of us. Again, all of us went together which was nice – it’s fun when everyone is enjoying an excursion together. Don’t do this if you don’t like being muddy! We went through puddles, got soaked and dirty and just had an overall entertaining time. We did two people per ATV (one had three because of how many people we had) and it was good because halfway through they let us switch so both people got a chance to drive. 10/10 would recommend – I love ATVing as well.
- Luxury Day Sailing Los Cabos Tour
- This may have been my favorite excursion we got to do. We got to ride on a lovely yacht and cruise past the famous Arch and Lover’s Beach. We were not able to get off at the beach because a majority of it had washed away in a storm, but it was still a beautiful view to go past. We also got to stop at a cove halfway through where we were able to soak up the sun, snorkel, and attempt paddle boarding. They had lunch and drinks for us on the boat afterwards and we just had a really relaxing ride back to the port after that. There was also a photographer on board who were able to buy our pictures from which was a really nice way to commemorate the day.
So there you have it! All about my trip to Cabo San Lucas, and just some ideas if you find yourself in that part of Mexico one day. And if you do, have a blast!!
I’ve always wanted to go to the west coast of Mexico, looks beautiful and FUN!
Definitely try and make it there, it was so nice!
Good food, lovely beach, amazing company, what else do you need in life! Awesome post.
This looks like so much fun! I went to Cabo when I was younger, but it was so long ago that I don’t remember a lot of the stuff we did. It would be fun to go back again! Great post!
Thanks! Definitely get back there now that you’re older, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it more!
This place looks amazing! Good post
I’ve never been to Mexico but I’d love to visit some of its beaches. The food looks really nice too
It was all so good I would definitely recommend it!
That looks like a TON of fun! Was the resort all inclusive? Adults only?
It was so much fun! It was all-inclusive which is always nice but not adults only… Although I don’t really recall seeing too many children there!
Looks absolutely amazing! I am visiting here in May and I can’t wait. There looks like there’s going to be so much to do too! The hotel and beach look and sound fantastic. Glad you had a great time!
Thank you! Have so much fun when you go, you’ll definitely have an amazing time!
Wow! Looks like you guys had an amazing time. I would love to visit Mexico, but the troubles have put me off, I guess the resort has all you need and more though! I like the idea of the yacht, looks amazing 😍
Thank you! It was definitely a lot of fun! All the issues out there are a little intimidating, but as long as you only leave the resort with a group, and take cabs/vans wherever you go, you should be okay! But the resort definitely has all you need😌
Such beautiful photos! Looks like you had so much fun! Sailing looks so cool, what an awesome experience!
Andrea | https://andreapeacock.com
Looks like you had a really fun trip! So many great activities.
It really was so much fun! I want to go back already 🙂
I have never been jet skiing! The resort looks beautiful! Considering going to RIU in Jamaica.
Omg you have to try jet skiing! It’s one of my favorite things to do. I heard all the Riu’s are beautiful – I definitely want to check out some other ones.
I’m Mexican-American and still trying to get to Cabo! Wonderful post, great photos!!
Thank you! I loved Cabo 😌
Everything looks amazing. I would love the activites…jet skiing, atvs, and sailing. Sounds like such a fun time.
It was definitely a blast, I’d love to go back!
Omg I’ve stayed at the Riu before! Beautiful place to getaway! I haven’t been here before but this post is making me want to take a tropical vacation 😍😍
The Riu was perfect! I’m definitely going to look into staying at one elsewhere😁